So, ones again it is the time to start preparing for Raksha Bandhan and in this aisles, one of the most important things to start planning for is, of course, sweet dishes as Indian festivals are not only the carriers of traditions and beliefs but is also a perfect excuse for having mouth-watering and flavorful sweets. But, in the era of adulteration, it is almost impossible to get fresh and good quality sweets for the celebration. That is why; this Raksha Bandhan, take some time out from your busy schedule and give a try to make delicious sweets for Raksha Bandhan at home with good quality material that will not only enhance the taste but will also wipe away the risk of diseases caused by eating adulterated food.
As Raksha Bandhan is about cherishing the relationship shared by siblings, to make this festival special for your loving brother, why not surprise him with your handmade delicious Rakhi sweets? Being your brother’s sister, you must be well-aware of his likes and dislikes. Is he still love to eat cotton candy? Or he is now fond of eating boost! Well, how the way he is does not matter at all for you as the love and the bonding shared by brother and sister is indeed unconditional and above all these factors. So, this Raksha Bandhan, take some time out from the busy schedule of yours and make a yummilicious sweet dish for him to satiate his cravings for sweets.
Here, 5 amazing and easy-to-make Raksha Bandhan sweet recipes are given from which you can choose which one you want to make for your brother this Rakhi season. So, let us have a look at them one by one:
1. Chocolate Burfi
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds for garnishing
- ⅓ cup of sugar powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups khoya
- Very firstly, grease the pan with ghee or butter and heat the mawa in a pan on medium flame.
- When it starts melting, take off the pan
- Now, add sugar and milk to the pan and mix well and continue to cook
- Cook the mixture till it gets thickened.
- Keep it for about 4 minutes and stir continuously
- Take the pan off from the heat and keep it aside
- Now, separate the mixture into two halves and put one half into the greased pan and spread evenly.
- Add cocoa powder into the other half and mix well and spread it on the top of the layer.
- Now, sprinkle chopped nuts and spread it over the plain layer
- Keep it aside and let it be cool completely to set it
- Finally, cut the mixture with the help of a knife into the desired shape and refrigerate it
- Serve them chilled
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup of sugar powder
- ½ cup of water
- Almond and Pistachios for garnishing
- Add sugar and water in a pan and bring it to boil to prepare sugar syrup
- In another bowl, add ½ cup ghee and 1 tbsp milk and rub them with the help of your palm to give it a shape like bread crumbs and keep it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Now, take a wide saucepan and add the rest of the ghee and place the pan on the low heat.
- Then, add the mixture to it and roast it for 10 minutes until it gets brown color
- Once your sugar syrup is prepared, add the rest of the milk and add the dry ingredients like cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, and ginger powder and cook for a while on a low flame.
- Now, add the sugar syrup in the flour mixture and mix well and keep it for 2 minutes.
- Now, grease the tray with oil or butter and pour the hot batter over it evenly
- Allow this batter to cool down for up to 4 hours and finally, garnish it with almond Or pistachio flakes.
- Cut the cake into squares and serve chilled.
3. Chocolate Cake
- 2 tbsp crushed Oreo biscuits
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- Mix all the dry ingredients like flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl or mug.
- Now, add vanilla extract, crushed Oreo cookies, milk, and butter to prepare the batter.
- While adding batter to the mug, keep in mind to leave at least half-space so the cake can be made fluffy and soft
- Microwave the mug for 1 minute on the highest point and your cake is all set to be served.
- You can also add molten chocolate over your cake to make it taste better and more delicious
For the batter:
- 100 gram milk powder
- 100 gram all-purpose flour
- 100 gram semolina
- 400 ml milk
- 10 gram cardamom powder
For the syrup:
- 400 gram sugar
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 100 ml water
- 1 gram saffron
- Make a smooth batter from the ingredients listed above
- Then, add sugar, lemon juice, water to make the sugar syrup for the sweet dish.
- And, finally, add some strands of saffron to it to enhance the taste.
- Now, start preparing for frying the Malpuas by heating the ghee in a nonstick pan and keeping it to the medium flame.
- Gently and carefully pour about 3 tablespoons of the batter into the ghee to give shape to the Malpuas and cook them on the slow flame.
- Strain out the malpuas and soak them in the sugar syrup.
- Now, garnish them with almonds and pistachios and serve hot and crispy.
5. Thandai Mousse
- 50 ml Thandai syrup
- 150 ml of milk
- 30 gm castor sugar
- 8 gm agar-agar
- 150 gm freshly whipped cream
- Boil milk in a pan and add sugar & Thandai syrup to it. Continue to cook the mixture on a medium flame for about 4-5 minutes.
- Then, add agar-agar powder to the mixture and bring it to boil a boil again and stirring continuously.
- Now, remove the pan from the flame and strain the mixture by using a sieve.
- Cool down the mixture down and then start folding in the whipped cream with gentle hands
- Now, after this, divide equal quantities of the mixture into 2 separate bowls and refrigerate them for about 2 to 3 hours till the mousse sets perfectly.
- Side by side, soak some saffron strands in the milk and keep it aside for further use.
- At last, garnish it with some saffron strands and topped it with some strawberries as well to enhance the taste and serve it chilled.
All the above-listed Rakhi recipes will not only make your Raksha Bandhan celebration amazing but will also put a wide smile on your brother’s face for sure. Whether your brother is a little kid or a mature elder man, your sweet efforts will surely make him feel very special. So, this year, for Raksha Bandhan, do not only settle for market-bought sweets and confectioneries and make this festival more amazing.
Now, by these recipes, you can make your brother feel special who will be with you, this Raksha Bandhan. But, what about all those siblings who cannot make it to come to home this year? Need not worry as Rakhi.in here for all the sisters who are willing to send Rakhi to the brothers who are dwelling either in India or across the world with its wide range of Rakhis and delivery services to make the daunting task of sending Rakhis and Rakhi gift hampers an easier and hassle-free one. So, place the order now and avail fast and reliable Rakhi delivery in India and make this brotherly-sisterly festival more amazing.